Save for the private post, it’s been a little quiet around here, and might be quiet just a bit longer. I traveled out to Las Vegas this past weekend and sometime after that was initiated into the Aurum Solis.
Initiation brings with it a lot of things, and even the most well-balanced initiations tend to shake things up. A lot of things fell into place and a lot of unnecessary things in my life could no longer be tolerated- the path that I had been carving out solidified under my feet and there’s no telling where it goes.
Well, that’s not true. I have an idea of where it’s going. It’s just going to take some time.
I haven’t forgotten all the posts that are sitting in stasis, or the post I will be working on with the most awesome Jack von Faustus, or the other with Satyr Magos. I have also not forgotten the Demeter devotional. I just need a bit of a break to let things form in my head.
All the magick- thanks be to the gods and St. Muerte, all the magick. Being newly single and feeling pretty good about the prospect of freedom. Switching paths from mental health to mortuary science. Other possibilities which may flower or wither on the vine. We will see. It’s time to bring back the old Melitta with the newer one’s wisdom (what little of THAT there is). Let the Maenad roar, let the Sybil prophesy. Bring out what is within you, and it will save you. I don’t want to be poisoned on it, I’ve had enough of that.
I’ll catch you guys soon.
Posted in Uncategorized | 2 Comments »
‘Till I Hear You Sing, ALW
I was inspired. As usual, pics are not mine and are hyper-linked so you can see where I found them. (See? There’s a reason I do that.)
Continue Reading »
Posted in Uncategorized | 15 Comments »
“And he found the Lord inside his palace,
seated on a funeral couch, along with his duly acquired bedmate,
the one who was much under duress, yearning for her mother, and suffering from the unbearable things
inflicted on her by the will of the blessed ones.”
— Homeric Hymn to Demeter, Gregory Nagy translation.
Continue Reading »
Posted in Uncategorized | Tagged Alchemy, Choice of Persephone, Conjunctio, Does Hades Love Persephone?, Does Persephone Love Hades?, Hades, Hades and Persephone, Persephone, Persephone Queen of the Underworld, Poesis, Rape of Persephone, Seduction of Persephone, Spiritual Alchemy | 4 Comments »
At some point, I remember someone asked if I would be exploring the family of Hades and Persephone at some point. Well, here’s the one I wrote for Melinoe, the daughter of Persephone and Zeus, who is often identified with both Hekate and with her mother.
Continue Reading »
Posted in Uncategorized | Tagged Death, grave offerings, Hades, Hekate, Melinoe, nightmares, Persephone, Poesis, Seduction, the dead, Zeus | 6 Comments »
A cool picture I take no credit for!
So, I was going to go on and on about all the spiritual changes I’ve gone through lately, all the ways my practice has changed, when WordPress eats half the post and I change my mind anyway. Go fig. So I thought I’d just make a bunch of announcements.
1. I’m still doing the Demeter devotional. That’s still going, despite all that’s happened, I am still soliciting and still hunting around for submissions.
2. After the Demeter devotional, I’m going to start on the first of a three-part series of books based on Necromancy. It won’t outdo JSK’s Geosophia (Who could?!?), but it’s going to be my very reconstructionist, very theurgic, somewhat witchcrafty take on the matter. I’ll hunt for a publisher when I’ve got a good chunk written.
3. Still open for Oracles! *crickets* Still doing the store thing too, though that is slow in taking shape. I’m working on projects for others right now and won’t get everything up on the Etsy site until later. If your request is interesting enough, I’ll either take it or point you to someone who can.
4. I have a butt-load of posts in progress, so I might be silent for a while. I am literally working on 4 at once, some old and some new. I’ve got new poesis coming (2nd to last in the Hades and Persephone series).
- the Sirens’ article may be split into two, it’s getting huge
- ”Proof the the Dark Gods love you” should be up this week or next week.
- I have a post I’m working on concerning Necromancy. Finally. For the first time in forever. Just an overview of different thoughts.
- Mental Illness and Divine Madness is also huge and might be split in half.
- I’ll write also of Persephone as a Goddess of Mysteries, as well as the Gods of the gods (yes, you read that right)
- New Poesis! Lots of poesis!
- Hearing the Gods, Part 2 will wait until I talk with the (awesome) Satyr Magos. We’ve both been otherwise occupied and I want to be able to do the experiment we discussed!
And then we’ll see where we are after that.
Daffodil by Mark Spokes
Thank you, everyone, for following my blog and reading me. I don’t answer as often as I should but I very much love seeing your comments, your thoughts and being a part of your online community. Thank you!
Posted in Uncategorized | Leave a Comment »
Some info on Aconite. I didn't know that about the psychoactive honey, but I'm not shocked!
Posted in Uncategorized | 3 Comments »